Monday, May 7, 2012

ANZAC

I am a proud grandson of 2 Anzac's. I try to imagine what it would've been like for them when they had to go to war. From the stories that I am told I can only imagine the horrific ordeals that they had to bare witness to. Humans are funny in that way, we want peace, yet to gain peace we go to war. And the people who go to war are not the people that necessarily want it, yet they are committed to protecting their nations, their beliefs and their people. And for that I respect the people who have served, and for those we have lost, less we forget. As the years go by I only hope that there is yet another year that I may march by their side. When the day comes that I can not, I will proudly be a spectator or march on their behalf every year.

Anzac '09 - my Grandpa was able to march standing proud and fit
Anzac '09 - as was my Nana
Anzac '09
Anzac '09
Anzac '09
Anzac '10 - my Nana, being very small, slowed the march down too much. Solution? wheelchair (with my mum and aunties)
Anzac '10 - made it easier for her to take photos at least
Anzac '10 - reminiscing perhaps?
Anzac '10 - marching proudly
Anzac -'11 - The next year (Nana with my parents)
Anzac '11 - My Grandpa this time in a wheelchair (with my Uncle)
Anzac '11 - After the service
Anzac '12 - Grandpa and a cousin of mine. 2 of my cousins travelled quite a long way this year
Anzac '12 - Nana and cousin
Anzac '12 - more cousins and Great Grand kids
Anzac '12 - at the service

No comments:

Post a Comment