Saturday, February 23, 2013

USA 2012 (Part 1)

Went for a Family Vacation to the US and Mexico (for my Sisters wedding) in October 2012. Part 1 is the US - Colorado and Jackson, Wyoming. Started out in Denver, Colorado for a few days.
I had to go and Visit the Infamous Pikes Peak
Definitely the Highest I've ever been, light headed feeling was intense
Now Tarmac all the way to the top
I didn't see him once :(
Winter is coming...
From here we drove on to where my Sister resides, Jackson, Wyoming
As we crossed the border an eerie fog appeared, I created a Silent Hill type scene with my Brother with the use of Birds naturally flying around
And then we had some fun - Zombying around
Getting close... NOT
Celebratory drinks upon arrival!!!!
Legitimate Log Cabin FTW!!!!!

At my sisters place of work in Jackson. Quite a different daily grind to what I'm used to. I envy it...
That's a lot of Antlers... and one of these on each Corner of the park!
The old western heritage of the place is amazing
The love of her life "Jackson Hole" a hidden gem a midst baron lands
Phelp Lakes crystal clear waters - <3
Beauty is in the Reflection of the beholders Sunglasses Lens
For my sister, this is just her backyard.. Lucky!
I climbed a rock....
A sign of times, an Aircraft cruises on over head leaving its Contrail
Whatever it was, it wasn't a bear!
Although we did come prepared
Look closely and you might see a frog
With so many flights in the air at any one time over US soil, no wonder so many contrails
Just hanging out at the local watering hole...
On the way out to Yellowstone National Park
I was soooo depressed by the sight of Snowless Tetons yet so amazed at their beauty
Beauty
And then came some snow... but not much
Cheeky Bison poking its tongue at me
Till death do us part... I believe the male Moose with his massive Antenna was on his way out life wise. Very sad
All pics are HERE, Part 2 to follow - Yellowstone, Zion & Grand Canyon National Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment